Cargando...

first long run in heat

Temas de Geología General
sweet
Fluorita

first long run in heat

Mensajepor sweet » Mié, 26 Sep 2018, 03:28

I ran 14 miles this morning. That’s not a particularly unusual amount for a distance runner, but it was the longest I’ve run since last summer, and today is the warmest day of the year so far in New Hampshire. Nike Air Max Tavas Womens As always, the first long run in heat each year is cause for some gentle reminders that things need to be approached differently than in winter. Here are a few lessons I took from this morning’s run:

1. The return of warm weather means the return of road work, and road crews seem to love to play with runners. It seems that every time I come upon a lane closure such that only a single lane is open, the person holding the STOP/SLOW sign loves to turn the Nike Free Run 2 Donna SLOW side to face me as I approach. Then they give a little chuckle. Is this a universal thing, or is it just me?

2. My mailman is awesome. Just after passing the road crew I was running up a hill about 3 miles from my house with no tree cover in sight. The sun was blazing overhead. I saw a mail truck approaching up ahead, and it slowed as it came alongside me. A bottle of water Nike Air Max Tavas Mujer emerged from the window, and I saw that it was my mailman Paul. I had a hydration pack on, so I opted not to grab it, but the gesture was much appreciated. There are good people in this world!

3. I should have taken the water from my mailman. I finished the run, and when I got home my rectus abdominis went into a massive cramp. Incredibly painful. I then cramped in the back of my neck, and felt one on the verge of starting in my back as well. This type of Nike Air Max 270 Dames generalized cramping in non-running muscles seems to happen to me only on really hot days when I dehydrate (and yes, I know there is a lot of debate about whether dehydration is related to cramping, but this is the pattern I have observed in myself on multiple occasions). I went to the bathroom and saw brown urine (sorry, TMI). I weighed myself and it was clear I had lost a lot Nike Air Zoom Odyssey Damen of water on the run even though I drained my hydration bladder. This run was a good reminder that I need to approach hydration more wisely now that it’s getting warmer out.

Comparte esto

Comparte esto

Volver a “Geología General”