Cargando...

glass of red and a Kit

Temas de Geología General
sweet
Fluorita

glass of red and a Kit

Mensajepor sweet » Jue, 12 Jul 2018, 01:31

I’ve been thinking recently about why I run. Or more accurately, what the driving factors are that have turned me – that turn all of us – into a runner. What makes us head out of the door on cold evenings Adidas Superstar Womens Pink after a long day at work or being covering in mushed-up Weetabix/broccoli/Play-Doh by the kids – instead of Adidas Superstar Damen Gold curling up on the sofa with a glass of red and a Kit Kat?

A desire for headspace is a big part of it, I think. Nike Air Presto Femme That primal need within us all for solace, fresh air and quiet?– something that can be lacking in a busy office, or a packed commuter train, or in a house with “Mummy, Mummy, MUMMEEEE!” played on repeat. Running is an antidote to everyday life in that respect.

Routine plays a part too. Once you’re in the habit of running, it becomes easier (essential, even) to stick with it, eager as we are to not fall off the running wagon.

Motivation is a biggie. Signing up for a race, for example, that hovers in the back of your mind, egging you on to keep pushing yourself that little bit further or faster each week in a bid to make it over Nike Air Max 1 Damen the finish line.

But there’s something else, for me at least: something that kicked in well before running Nike Air Max 2016 Femme became part of my routine; before the goals I set myself and the races I entered in order to motivate myself to keep going. And it’s this: inspiration.

The dictionary says the definition of inspiration is: “The process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something”. For me, this is it. Before routine, before motivation, there has to come inspiration. That little spark that makes us wonder, “Wow, what if I could do that?”

Comparte esto

Comparte esto

Volver a “Geología General”